February 14, 2005

I think I'm going Japanese

This site let's you enter your name and it will translate it to Japanese katakana characters of various type styles. For instance, here's the caligraphy form of "Ted".


And the explanation as given by the site:

It is pronounced "TEDDO". (Consonants are pronounced more or less the same way as in English. "E" sounds like e in met. "O" sounds like o in old.)

That last line should read "O" as in elder statesman.

Posted by Ted at February 14, 2005 04:22 AM | TrackBack

Heyyy, mine had the same, disturbing "cockeyed smiling face" in it...

Posted by: Derek at February 14, 2005 03:55 PM

Mine ended up looking like P5U or 75%, depending on the font.

Not to be confused with the F5U of course.


Posted by: Alan E Brain at February 15, 2005 09:39 AM

From the same site that I found the picture of the F5U, there's, um, This.

Posted by: Alan E Brain at February 15, 2005 09:43 AM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?

Site Meter